Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's Day Box from a Gift Bag!!



Valentine's Day is coming to your child's classroom this week!! Many of you will get the note from the teacher that your child needs to bring in a decorated box to hold those all those notes. My daughter and I were working on hers tonight and I realized that I didn't have any tissue paper to wrap it in, so I started searching frantically for a replacement that wouldn't scream - I AM THE CHILD OF AN UNPREPARED MOTHER!!

Here is what I found - a gift bag!!!!


 

So once you find your gift bag (you all know you have that stash of gift bags waiting for the appropriate re-bagging opportunity!!!!!)....here is what you need to do.

1) Cut the bag up. Use the sides of the bag for the sides of the box and the face of the bag for the lid. I also split the flower design for 2 of the sides.



2.) Trace the sides and top of the box for an exact fit. Then glue those onto the box. I just used craft glue but used a quick-dry adhesive for the edges. 
















 
3.) To hide the seams, I used the ribbon from the bag.



4) All ready for your child's unique flare - stickers, glitter, foam art...whatever!!



5.) The finished product!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment