Saturday, December 29, 2012

Crockpot Comfort: Hamburger Soup

I love EASY crockpot recipes for picky eaters on cold winter days...here is one of my favorites!!!


Hamburger Soup


  • 1 lb ground turkey or 95% lean ground beef
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 can of corn 
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup, plus 1.5 cans water
  • 1 can beef broth (or 1 beef bullion cube dissolved in 2 cups boiling water)
  • 1 small onion diced (my kids don't like onions so I used some onion salt for taste)
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 cups wagon wheel pasta (measured dry)
- Brown the ground beef in some olive oil, onions and garlic until meat is no longer pink.
- Combine remaining ingredients into the crockpot (you might choose to wait on adding the pasta until later so it doesn't get mushy). 
- Let it cook in the crockpot until ready to enjoy!! 
- My kids love to sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top and some Italian Bread on the side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment