Sunday, March 2, 2014

Turkey Meatball Kale Tortellini Soup

My children ate (and loved!) kale!! This is an easy soup recipe that got thumbs up from my kids!!! I probably could have made the turkey meatballs myself, but I needed a quick recipe so I opted for pre-cooked frozen meatballs.

Turkey Meatball Kale and Tortellini Soup


Ingredients:
3 chicken bouillons ( I use Herb ox packets which has no sodium or MSG)
6 cups boiling water
1 tsp minced garlic (this is 2 cloves if you mince your own)
1 small onion chopped
1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
2-3 cups of fresh kale
Frozen turkey meatballs (I put about 15 in)
10 oz frozen cheese tortellini (about 1/2 a package)
Pepper to taste


Directions:
- Put chicken bouillons and boiling water in a pot and stir until it dissolves
- Add garlic, onions and carrots
- Bring to a boil
- Add meatballs and tortellini
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add kale and let it cook for another 5 minutes
- Add pepper to taste
- Serve with Parmesean cheese






No comments:

Post a Comment