Monday, April 28, 2014

Fun Food Ideas: St. Patrick's Day Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

I was just cleaning out pictures from my phone and forgot about the little St Patrick's meals I did for the kids. Before I delete the pictures, I thought I'd add it to the blog for future reference!!




Dinner: Individual Shamrock Pizzas

My kids loved that the peppers looked like Four Leaf Clovers - you can't go wrong with a fun pizza!





Lunch: Make Your Own Grilled Chicken Wrap (Spinach Tortilla) 


My daughter loves being able to put her own sandwich wraps together at lunch. I added a green apple and some pickles for some extra green!



Breakfast: Green Smoothies, Fruit Rainbow and a Pot of Gold (Mini Egg Muffin)

Green Smoothie Recipe: 
I really didn't measure - I just put the following into a blender!
Plain Yogurt (about 1 cup)
Kiwi
Banana
Kale (I needed lots to really make it green)
Pineapple
Ice

"Pot of Gold" Mini Egg Muffin: 
6 Eggs
3 Tablespoons of milk
1/3 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Spray Mini Muffin tins. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Fill mini tin about 2/3 full with egg mixture. Bake 8-10 minutes until eggs are set.

This recipe makes about 16 mini eggs, so youl could cut the recipe in half or you can freeze some and use for quick breakfasts later!






No comments:

Post a Comment