Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pink Ribbon Cinnamon Buns



My company does a lot of fundraising events for Race for the Cure (a cause VERY near and dear to my heart) and one event this week was "Bake for a Cure"! Everybody and their sister was signed up for cookies, muffins and cupcakes, so I wanted to contribute something unique but not not too difficult. Here is what I came up with!

Pink Ribbon Cinnamon Buns


Ingredients: 
1 tube of refigerated cinnamon buns & icing
Red Food Dye

Additional Materials: 
Zip Lock sandwich bags
Bamboo spears
Pink Ribbon

Instructions: 
  • Unroll the cinnamon bun and cut it in half
  • Shape each half into a ribbon
  • Place on a greased cookie sheet
  • Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes
  • Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly












  • While ribbons are baking, mix icing in a small bowl with a little red food dye to make it pink
  • Put icing in a zip lock bag and cut corner so you can pipe the icing onto the ribbons when they cool a bit (they should still be a little warm) 
  • I used a spoon to spread the icing out so it covered the ribbon. 




You can put these out on a platter or "package" them like I did. I put each one on a stick (bamboo spear) and then cut the ziplock part of a sandwich bag off to use as the wrap. Each one was then tied with a pink ribbon as a final touch.

Overall, this was a pretty easy bake sale contribution. It took me about 3 hours to do 4 dozen (bake, ice and then package).


No comments:

Post a Comment