Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pinterest Review: Lego Cookies





We went to an outdoor movie night this past weekend to see The Lego Movie so I thought I would try out a version of the Lego cookies I've seen all over Pinterest with the goal of making the cookies in the simplest way possible.


Step One:  Ingredients - very simple!

 Step Two: Sort the M&Ms and color the frosting


 Step Three: Roll out the dough on wax paper with a rolling pin and some flour. Then I used a pizza cutter to cut out the different sized lego cookies.

























Step Four: Place the lego cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes because they are so small. Let them cool on a cookie rack for about 10 minutes.

Step Five: It's all fun and games until you have to frost them!!! These are tiny cookies and tiny M&M's...it took over an hour to frost and place the M&M's on the cookies. (Make sure you place the M&M pieces with the "M" face down - just an aesthetic thing!).

Step 6: Once frosted, I put the cookies into two Lego bin lids - I thought it was a cute way to present them!



My overall review of Lego Cookies: 

These are really cute and the perfect size for kids because they are small cookies. It was just the frosting process that was the real time consumer (although if you made your dough and your own frosting then you are definitely making a real project for yourself!!!).  My kids like helping me sort the M&M's and they were really excited to bring these to the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment