Thursday, August 28, 2014

Crockpot Summer Vegetable and Chicken Sausage Soup




This recipe was perfect for the end of summer and I think you can alter it to make different soups or just to your specific tastes (add lentils instead of orzo, add peppers or other summer veggies!!).

I used the tomato soup ingredients from my Crockpot Hamburger Soup as my base (tomato soup, garlic and beef bouillon) - it is so easy and gives the soup a really nice flavor.

When I did this recipe, I doubled it so I had enough to freeze and enjoy once the school year gets underway and we are running to different events with little time to cook a healthy meal! 

Summer Vegetable and Chicken Sausage Soup: 


3 Chicken Sausage links (I used fully cooked- no prep!) 
Corn (1 can or 1/2 bag of frozen or 1.5 cups fresh)
Green beans  (1 can or 1/2 bag of frozen or 1.5 cups fresh)
1 Zucchini - cut in half and then sliced
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (I used onion and garlic flavor)
1 Tsp minced garlic
1 Can condensed tomato soup
1 Beef bouillon cube
2.5 cups water
1 Cup Orzo Pasta (add in 30 min before serving)
Salt/Pepper to taste





No comments:

Post a Comment