Sunday, July 13, 2014

DIY Personalized Drink Tray



I found this cool tray at Marshall's and thought it would make a great addition to an "Al Fresco Dining" themed gift. I wanted to make it more personalized so I added an easy and inexpensive touch that made it the centerpiece of the gift.

 
The tray itself was rustic so I thought some burlap would be perfect for it. I found this laminated burlap at Joanne's Fabric. It cut perfectly (no frays!!) and was sturdier than standard burlap which made it just right for a placemat to have drinks or food carried out on it.




I cut the laminated burlap to fit the base of the tray.










Then, I used a permanent black marker and stenciled in the first letter of their last name (this was part of a wedding gift, so using the new married last name initial was perfect!!).







I used my spray adhesive to secure the burlap into the tray. It really made the gift look much more personal and it took about 5 minutes!!



I thought this gift theme was such a fun idea for a new homeowner, bridal shower or wedding!! Below are some ideas that you could include.

Al Fresco Dining Gift Box:


- Personalized Drink Tray
- 4 placemats
- 4 napkins
- Napkin Rings
- Table Cloth
- Candle holder (a tall round one could be a candle votive or a wine bottle holder)
- Bread tray with dip bowl
- Gourmet Olive Oil
- Seasoning for bread dip
- Bottle of Wine
- Shatterproof Govino wine glasses
- Chalkboard for menu or fun message to be printed on




No comments:

Post a Comment