Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins


 
One of my favorite healthy recipe sites is Skinnytaste.com - she has healthy, simple and delicious recipes for just about everything!!  This week, I had produce in the fridge that needed to be used, so I started looking for some recipes on my favorite site. I found a great chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe and I thought I would try adding raspberries as well - the result was DELICIOUS!!!
 
I made both regular muffins and mini muffins for the kids, which has been a perfect on the go breakfast this week.
 
 
As Muffins:
Servings: 12 • Size: 1 muffin • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 175.6 • Fat: 5.7g • Protein: 3.4g • Carb: 31.9g • Fiber: 3.2g • Sugar: 15.5g
Sodium: 248.4 mg 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all purpose flour (I used unbleached)
  • 1 cup white whole wheat flour (regular whole wheat flour would work)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
  • 1-1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
  • 1 cup apple sauce
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (not packed)
  • 1 cup of fresh raspberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325°.

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.

Add chocolate chips and gently mix to combine.

In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce, zucchini and raspberries. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.

Bake at 325° for 25 minutes (mini muffins for about 10-15 minutes), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes.




Thank you Skinnytaste for the great recipe and the raspberries added a unique fruity pairing with the chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment