Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fun Food Ideas: Baseball Breakfast Burrito



My kids told me that they were getting tired of waffles for my food art, so I've been brainstorming some new creative breakfast ideas with ingredients other than waffles...

I was inspired by our recent trip to Yankee Stadium and created this Baseball Breakfast Burrito and it was a hit (get it?!) with the kids! The only daunting part was the baseball stitches, which I used a toothpick to "paint" ketchup on. I thought afterward that you could probably also use a red pepper, by cutting up little pepper pieces (I would do this the night before). 

Baseball Breakfast Burrito


Ingredients (per serving): 

  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1 Cheese Slice
  • 1 Spinach Tortilla
  • Ketchup

Directions: 

  • Cut the round tortilla into the shape of a baseball field








  • Cook the egg whites (I had a baking device that keeps the eggs in a round shape while it cooks, but you could also cook the egg whites and then use a small bowl or a cookie cutter if you have one big enough to make the round shape)






  • While the eggs are cooking, cut the cheese into 4 squares and place them on the tortilla as bases. 

  •  Place the round egg white in the middle and then with a toothpick, "paint" your red stitching with ketchup or use the red peppers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment