Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Non-lame Play Date - Spa Day


My 7 year old daughter has been begging me to have a play date with friends from school. We had an opportunity for her to have a play date today without her little brothers in the house (rare event!) so I really wanted it to be fun for her.

We brainstormed some potential ideas that would not be "lame". Maybe it was the anticipated peace and quiet of a non-brother afternoon, but Natalie decided she wanted a spa day for her play date. With two hours to put it together, off to Target we went!

Snack

Every play date needs to have a snack (especially if Natalie is in charge!). We decided that a yogurt smoothie would be a healthy spa themed snack.


  • 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
  • Choice of fruit ( we had bananas, blueberries and strawberries)
  • 6 ice cubes
  • 1/2 cup orange juice 
  • Blend together and serve in a fun goblet





Activities

After the girls had their smoothies, I turned on some relaxing spa music, had them sit on the couch and brought them gel facial masks that were warmed. I really thought that I was going to get my turkey soup into the crockpot while they enjoyed their moment of zen...apparently, a 7 year old can find her zen in about 3 minutes because they announced that they were "relaxed" and ready for the next activity in the time it took for me to get the crockpot out of the cupboard!


Next up...Mani/Pedi time! I had some Dead Sea Salt and Dead Sea Body Butter from when I got completely suckered at the mall by those people who show you all the gross skin cells that come off with their "amazing" product...I purchased it just so they would let go of my hand!! So glad that I end up using it on two 2nd Graders. Seriously though, their hands and feet were super soft when I was done with their treatments, although one lesson I learned is that these girls have very ticklish feet!


Now that their hands and feet were baby soft, the girls picked their nail colors and I also got nail stickers to jazz up their mani/pedi's.





The end result.....


A very non-lame play date!!! I had two girls with very fancy finger nails and toe nails but more importantly, a nice afternoon for two friends to giggle, enjoy some fun time together and have some much needed time away from their siblings!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment