Friday, November 23, 2012

The Turkey Virgin Diary: End Results

Well, my first Thanksgiving dinner is behind me!! I'm glad to report that there more successful moments than disasters but here is the overview:

Needing improvement : "Crazy Steph" was not fully eliminated but that was due to the fact that I decided to move my dining room to the living room and haul the furniture around myself! I also shoved the peels of 5lbs of potatoes down our garbage disposal which caused a clog and then the pipe dislodged itself spraying water and potato peels everywhere! (At that point I poured a large glass of Cabernet and took some big sips and then deep breathes!). By Thursday morning, I still had quite the list to do!

My successes: Lists. All the to-do lists I kept, the timeline of when things needed to go into the oven and what temps, the grocery list and the Honey-do list i gave my husband so he could help me out with tasks...



The turkey. My first turkey turned out great! I would like to take a moment and credit Reynolds Oven Bags and my fabulous Co-worker Candice who told me about them!





The herb rub was delicious and made the finished product look oh so Martha!!! (1tbsp Sage, 1 tsp Thyme, 1 tsp rosemary and 1tsp seasoned salt).






Meal prep. All the food prep Wednesday made for a low stress Thanksgiving where I felt able to mingle with family and not be a slave to the oven.












I've been so focused on this meal for weeks and now that it's over...I feel like I need another project to focus on!!!

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment